Saturday, July 12, 2008

Filling Our Days

Being a stay at home mom compared to a working mom has its own set of obstacles. When I was working I was so busy that my days basically filled themselves. Now, staying at home, which is by far the option I prefer, I find that I am busy but with different things. Diapers, naps, baths, little pools outside, feeding Karlie (which takes a good part of my day), laundry, dishes etc... Certainly we could spend money but that isn't always the most effective time filler. My biggest obstacle is entertaining Riley. I want him to enjoy his days but at times I find that I'm not as compassionate to his needs as I should be. I am going to make a better effort for him so his days aren't so long and boring. It's not earth shattering but here's a glimpse of what we did today...


Played Bob the Builder
Took a shower after a yogurt fiasco.
Yes, that is a whale in the shower

Played Trains!
I don't think a day goes by that we don't play trains.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is so cute. You did a great job. It does make it easier when your kids are so cute. It looks amazing....
The Haynes

Brittney said...

looks like fun... can we get together soon? kate needs to play with her friends.

Jack Attack said...

i think the days where no $$$ is spent and you are at home are the sometimes the best. that's when both you and your child's imagination flourish. thanks for having us over today. Jack loved all of Riley's toys and I loved the adult interaction. we'll have to do it again. see you Weds.
P.S. love that karlie is giving a peace sign in the top photo.