Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Future Friendship in the Making

14 Years ago I attended Dixie (now State, then Junior) College. I was blessed to make some wonderful friends most of which I'm still close to. Shauna, one of my college girlfriends, and her family, husband Garrett and daughter Averi, came to town for a mini vacation. They stayed at our house for one night then headed to the South Point. Saturday was so enjoyable. We chatted for most of the day, we took naps, had dinner at Olive Garden, which anyone who knows Riley knows that he LOVES the mac-n-cheese there, then the boys went and saw a movie while the girls bathed kids and put them to bed. As I was disciplining Riley for bouncing his sister off the Aerobed I looked at Shauna and we started to laugh. Who would have thought that this would be our life 14 years later. You never know when you meet someone if you will maintain that friendship. She and I are grateful we did and we are happy that we are able to experience things together, even if it is just a normal night of baths and naughty steps.


I had Averi come hang out with Riley and I so her mom and dad could go out to dinner. We (the kids and I) decided to make some pizzas. They did a great job and had a lot of fun cooking and playing the night away. Hopefully they can build a friendship that will last 14+ years.




Here are the pix of our pizza making extravaganza!

Saucing their pizzas.


Cheese and Pepperoni.


Time to cook the pizzas.


Cheers! Two pizzas well made.


YUM! Time to eat.




Averi.



Riley.



Time to play.



The Clarks. (This picture was taken of them by their 3 year old daughter, Averi. She did a great job.)


I love my friends, ALL OF THEM, and am so grateful to every single one for touching my life and making it brighter.

4 comments:

Hibbard Family said...

I love the sippy cup cheeers, so cute!!

Jack Attack said...

so fun. you make everyone feel like they are your best friend and are always have something fun to do. no wonder you are always surround by friends. thanks so much!

The Utley's said...

I love the pictures of the two of them making their own pizzas! How much fun! And thanks for leting me be your friend, I love our frindship!

Shauna said...

So darn CUTE!!!!! You amaze me! We cant wait to see you all again, were looking forward to it! Shauna