Monday, August 24, 2009

Swimming

A few months ago we started swim lessons. Thank you Kay! The first day Riley hopped right in the pool and was excited to learn. Today, the second to last swim lesson was a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT STORY. I don't know why he can't just go with the flow ~ It's swimming how much more fun can you get ~ but today Mr. Riley really tried my pateince. Kay and I have no idea what set him off, and I'm so sad it happed, but he melted. Not just a little whimper here and there I mean a complete and utter kicking and screaming melt down. All he would say was he was tired so I got him out of the pool, brought him home, bathed him, and put him to bed.


The blogs I read are covered in stories of happiness, good times, excitement... :( today I just want to cry. Do you blog about that? I guess today I am. I know it's just swim lessons but I guess I am looking at a bigger picture. The picture of parents only wanting whats best for their kids, sacrificing money and time to give them something more. The kids not wanting to listen and making their own decisions and who knows maybe years later resenting the parents for not giving/doing more. If only they (we) knew...
I'm grateful Riley has had this opportunity and I will absolutely continue to work with with him and help him to see that being able to swim is a blessing and that it's also just so much fun!

Ok, ok you mom's with older swimming kids stop laughing at me. Today this was my trial so let me have it! LOL.

**Pics from the first swim lesson**




3 comments:

Jack Attack said...

I've had a few moments like that with Jack...in a very crowded and public Target. just know our kids all have their days. the mixture of too much chlorine and cold water did it to all the boys today. Jack lost it the last 5 minutes. you're a great parent.

Jack Attack said...

p.s. welcome back!
Can't believe how much your kids have grown.

Lydia Moon said...

Stacie, don't feel bad! I have so many days when I feel like the mom with the least patience in the world. That is probably because my kids like to try my patience all the time. Thanks for sharing a story that reminds us that we all have rough days.